Administrative AssistantSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77333 Date posted 11/17/2016
Requisition ID: 77333
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Administration
- Category: Administrative Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour shift; 8:00am - 5:00pm; No weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Requires three-five (3-5) years current administrative experience supporting an executive, healthcare setting preferred
- Requires strong meeting management experience (scheduling, agenda and material preparation, taking minutes, etc.)
- Requires previous experience scheduling conference/video conference calls
- Requires advanced knowledge with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Access)
- Requires the ability to general ad-hoc reports utilizing Excel
- Requires previous experience working with various levels of management/clinical teams
- Requires clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires the ability to adjust to different style of communications
- Requires the ability to be a team player
- Requires excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent organization skills
- Requires the ability to be detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities and/or responding to a variety of last minute requests
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Administrative Assistant works closely with and supports the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Vice President of Campus Planning and Development for the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus. This critical role provides administrative support to two executives. Key responsibilities include managing calendars, planning and coordinating meetings, and managing phone and e-mail communications.The position is responsible for managing physician and other vendor contracts and coordinating all physician payments on a monthly basis. The position requires strict adherence to confidentiality of material and information handled. The individual in this role will be expected to work with minimal supervision and use sound judgment and discretion in carrying out a variety of daily tasks.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to: providing excellent customer service; developing and updating spreadsheets containing data, charts, and graphs; developing presentation slides; preparing documents for Board of Directors meetings; taking minutes for various meetings; and interacting with community members, physicians, and board members. Candidates for this position must be able to anticipate the needs of the CFO and VP Campus Planning and Development, communicate clearly orally and in writing, and work well with a variety of personalities and backgrounds.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Administrative Assistant