Administrative Liaison - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 107320 Date posted: January 13, 2021
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Admin Support Services
- Night Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This Administrative Liaison position will provide effective management of operations for the hospital and administration during regular and non-regular business hours.
The Administrative Support Department serves Sharp Memorial Hospital, Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns and the Outpatient Pavilion (OPP). The Administrative Support department screens daily staffing, schedules beds for admissions and provides customer service/coaching to patients, staff, physicians and visitors. Administrative Liaisons assist with facilitation of operations on each shift as needed. The Administrative Liaisons maintain a close interaction with all department staff, leads and managers, physicians, case management, and administration.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Per Diem; Night shift; 12 hour shift: 1930 – 0730; Schedule includes 6 shifts per month which includes 2 week-end shifts; Scheduling, including weekends and holidays, will be discussed during the interview; Availability requires flexibility
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Minimum three years recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care/critical care hospital setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum two years leadership experience in an acute/critical care hospital setting
- Prior House supervision
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and crisis management skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Demonstrates complex problem solving and the use of critical thinking
- Complies with all regulatory and accreditation standards
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Current AHA ACLS certification
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole