Job ID: 107229 Date posted: January 08, 2021
- Sharp HealthCare
- Staffing Resource Network
- Business Operations Jobs
- Per Diem
The Administrative Secretary performs administrative and secretarial assignments under minimal supervision; may prepare reports, policies and procedure manuals. Answers telephones and takes accurate messages. Greets incoming visitors and informs appropriate person of their arrival.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County. Must be flexible to float within the Sharp HealthCare system.
Per Diem , variable shifts and hours
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two to three years’ current administrative experience
- Ability to establish effective relationships with hospital personnel, physicians, as well as with intermediary and monitoring agencies
- Advance level computer skills (MS, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage telephones, screen calls, prioritizes and deals with multiple calls simultaneously
- Solid understanding of English, grammar, punctuation and possesses strong math skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of medical terminology is highly preferred
- Previous experience supporting an executive
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”