Advanced Clinician - RNJob ID 84734 Date posted 12/07/2017
- Facility: Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- City: San Diego
- Department: Surgery
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 6:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Day Shift, 10 hour shift from 6:45am to 5:15pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Minimum of two (2) years current clinical nurse experience in ophthalmology.
- Excellent communication skills, project development and critical thinking skills
- Excellent project development skill
- Demonstrates critical thinkin skills
- Demonstrates professional skills and departmental competencies necessary in a practitioner/consultant/mentor role
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- CNOR certified
The Advanced Clinician transfers knowledge and mentors others to improve clinical practice as well as applies the knowledge, expertise and leadership to achieve outcomes for the department, hospital, organization and community. The advanced Clinician will specialize in ophthalmology and be responsible for assisting eye surgeons to ensure proper equipment and supplies are available. Ophthalmology nursing experience is required. Monitoring the schedule for conflicts. Working closely with leadership and materials to support daily operations and unit goals.
The Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion (OPP) is unique in San Diego. The OPP combines outpatient surgery and medical services, health screening, education, and health resource services in one convenient, integrated health center. The OPP provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care to deliver comprehensive care. There are 11 state of the art Surgical Suites and 2 Interventional Pain suites. This is a fast paced, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center performing surgery in the following areas: General, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Cosmetic, Ophthalmology and Interventional Pain.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general women's imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center - providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual's age and lifestyle, and integrated therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Climbing 1-2 steps or greater
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Advanced Clinician, RN jobs, Nurse Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Hospital Jobs, Surgery Jobs, OR Jobs, Leadership Jobs, HealthCare jobs, San Diego Jobs, Sharp Jobs, Ophthalmology Jobs