Applications Support SpecialistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75164 Date posted 08/02/2016
Requisition ID: 75164
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Finance
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour day shift, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with database management and setup parameters for claims software applications
- Three years’ experience in HMO industry in the areas of claims, enrollment and customer service
- Knowledge of health insurance or HMO operations with emphasis on software applications for claims processing, enrollment and customer service
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with management team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adept at being an initiator of positive change to support the Mission, Values, Goals and Objectives of Sharp Health Plan
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of data base management
- Knowledge of word processing spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD, HCPCS and other health care coding systems
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in data management
- IDX software experience desirable
The Applications Support Specialist coordinates the set-up and maintenance of all Plan payor and contract specific information to assure productive and accurate claims adjudication. Works independently and uses good judgment to prioritize department workflow. Participate in developing and implementing department’s goals, a system of continuous quality improvement, and audit techniques to assure data integrity, reliability and accuracy.
Sharp Health Plan offers a variety of coverage options that combine affordability and choice, while delivering high quality health care and personal service. We provide health insurance for companies of all sizes throughout the region. Members have access to valuable plan enhancements, such as interactive wellness resources, dental discounts and our exclusive global emergency services program.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan. With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups and physicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providing unparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value.
As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 75164, Applications Support Specialist