Job ID: 103420 Date posted: July 13, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Clerical Jobs
- Day Job
- Ability to help maintain the online card catalog within library practices and in accordance with the National Library of Medicine's subject headings, and the Cutter-Sanborn three-figure author tables National Library of Medicine's Classification System.
- Assists in the training and supervision of the volunteers and assign tasks each day.
- Responsible for book and journal inventories at SMH, MB and CV libraries including shelving, check-in, and statistics.
- Knowledgeable of the daily operations, knowing the library collection, being able to answer reference questions using library collection, databases, websites, etc, and filing materials properly.
- Responsible for the compiling and maintaining records of daily and yearly usage data.
- Ability of communicate effectively with all levels of patrons.
- Skills in processing article requests quickly internally and externally. (receiving, tracking, billing, etc)
- Skills in typing, computers, and office equipment.
- Minimum A.A. degree, B.A./B.S. preferred, or equivalent library experience.
- Ability to use EOS, Docline, PubMed, and OCLC, & Microsoft Office computer software
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”