- SRS San Diego Main
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:No Weekends
What You Will Do
To provide evaluation and treatment of audiological disorders to Sharp Rees-Stealy patients upon appropriate medical/professional referral, predominantly in an ambulatory setting, as part of a coordinated health care team.
- Master's Degree In Audiology if graduated prior to 01/2008; Or
- Doctoral Degree in Audiology if graduated after 01/2008.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- Audiologist - California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board -REQUIRED
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) - The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) -REQUIRED
- Communication and teamwork
Supports the work of department PSR's. Assists in training of support staff when required.
Displays a willingness to accept changes in assignment locations and work schedule to meet departmental and organizational needs.
Promotes a positive work environment by accepting interpersonal differences and respecting others' values and opinions.
Maintains department equipment and treatment areas in safe, clean and orderly manner.
Attends staff meetings.
Assists with department or program development projects.
Consults with physicians, providers, and audiology peers regarding patient evaluations and care when indicated.
Informal interactions are verbal or short (less than twenty minutes) time consultations.
Formal interactions are documented consultations with at least twenty minutes of patient evaluation.
- Customer service
Demonstrates a courteous, professional behavior towards patients, providers, co-workers, and all internal and external customers.
Follows policies and procedures for completing all department documentation.
- Patient evaluation
Utilizing current standards of professional practice for diagnostic, rehabilitation and prevention.
Evaluates 10 patients/day.
- Professional development
Demonstrates participation in in-service training by attending in-service opportunities and through presentation to peers and staff.
Attends Continuing Education courses. Has an established plan/track for course work with a specific goal defined. (Certain courses may be recommended).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Competence in evaluating and treating adults and children with audiological and vestibular disorders.
- Ability to maintain composure and courtesy with the public.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
- Knowledge of Audiology evaluation and treatment methods.
- Ability to speak intelligible English, ability to hear low intensity sound and discriminate subtle changes and distortions in speech sounds.
- Ability to see adequately to discern important environmental events and safety hazards, and to appreciate oral-facial characteristics as related to speech production and auditory reception.
- Ability to work, demonstrating awareness of safety practices for self, patients, staff and others.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classMaster's Degree; Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) - The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); Audiologist - California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community