Audiologist IJob ID 85886 Date posted 02/02/2018
- Facility: SRS Central Downtown
- City: San Diego
- Department: Audiology Services
- Category: Speech Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in the community of Serra Mesa at the Sharp Rees-Stealy San Diego Main campus; must be able to travel and work at various Sharp Rees-Stealy locations in San Diego County.
8 hour shifts; per diem position to work 8:30 am - 5:00 pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree or AuD in Audiology
- Current CA state Audiology and Hearing Aid licenses
- ASHA certification
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Ability to clearly communicate with both hearing and hearing impaired patients.
- Ability to use computers to write reports
- Ability to perform VNGs, ECoGs, ABRs, OAEs, and all aspects of Audiology evaluations, Hearing aid evaluations, fitting and follow-up
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One or more years’ experience
- Cochlear Implant evaluations, mapping/follow-up, Baha evaluations and follow-up
Join a dynamic Audiology Team consisting of eight Audiologist to provide Audiology and Hearing Aid services to patients from infants to geriatric populations. We work closely with eight Otolaryngologists and five ENT Physician Assistants at four locations in San Diego County
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an outstanding team of five Audiologists in San Diego providing Audiology services to patients of all ages at four locations throughout the county. We work with nine Otolaryngologists and five ENT Physician Assistants. We provide Pediatric evaluations including VRA, Play Audiology and BOA techniques. Adult care includes Tinnitus evaluations and providing personal hearing protection devices. For Electrophysiology evaluations we have ABR, ECog, VNG and OAE evaluations. Our Hearing Aid clinics utilize the use of Real Ear Measurements. We also provide Cochlear Implant and Baha evaluations and follow-up care.
With over 500 primary care and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services in laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, physical therapy optical and urgent care within each medical center or nearby.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Audiologist I, Audiologist, Audiologist jobs