Job ID: 97200 Date posted: August 02, 2019
- SRS Central San Diego Admin
- Audiology Services
- Speech Therapy Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Audiologist II will join a dynamic Audiology Team consisting of nine Audiologist to provide Audiology and Hearing Aid services to patients from infants to geriatric populations. We work closely with nine Otolaryngologists and five ENT Physician Assistants at four locations in San Diego County
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an outstanding team of nine Audiologists in San Diego providing Audiology services to patients of all ages at four locations throughout the county. We work with nine Otolaryngologists and five ENT Physician Assistants. We provide Pediatric evaluations including VRA, Play Audiology and BOA techniques. Adult care includes Tinnitus evaluations and providing personal hearing protection devices. For Electrophysiology evaluations we have ABR, ECog, VNG and OAE evaluations. Our Hearing Aid clinics utilize the use of Real Ear Measurements. We also provide Cochlear Implant and Baha evaluations and follow-up care.
With over 500 primary care and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services in laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, physical therapy, optical and urgent care within each medical center or nearby.
This position is located in the community of Serra Mesa at the Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Center - San Diego Main campus; must be able to travel and work at various Sharp Rees-Stealy locations in San Diego County.
- Master's degree or AuD in Audiology If graduated prior to 1/2008 or Doctoral
- degree in Audiology if graduated after 1/2008
- Current CA state Audiology license
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-A) by ASHA
- CA State Hearing Aide Dispensing license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Knowledge of Audiology evaluation and treatment methods
- Ability to work effectively in a work mentoring program (CFY/RPE).
- Ability to clearly communicate with both hearing and hearing impaired patients
- Ability to perform VNGs, ECoGs, ABRs, OAEs, and all aspects of Audiology evaluations, Hearing aid evaluations, fitting and follow-up, Cochlear Implant evaluations, mapping/follow-up, Baha evaluations and follow-up
- Must possess intermediate thru advanced skills as Audiologist
- Four or more years of Audiologist clinical experience
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”