Behavioral Health Therapist, Outpt Child/Adolescent/Changes, SMVH
Job ID: 110100 Date posted: June 01, 2021
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Outpt Child/Adolescent/Changes
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
This is a Temporary Position - Anticipated end date: January 2022. The Behavioral Health Therapist under the supervision of the Program Supervisor is responsible for conducting group, individual, and family therapy for patients involved in the inpatient, partial hospital or structured outpatient programs. With consultation from the multi-disciplinary treatment, coordinates the treatment plans and provides case management for assigned patients.
Sharp Mesa Vista's Child and Adolescent treatment programs offer hope and professional expertise, and are carefully designed to offer treatment to young people and their families in crisis. We treat children and teens with depression, anxiety, substance use, bipolar disorder, self-harm and aggressive behaviors.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Part-Time (.8) Position. Monday - Friday: 7:30 am –3:15 pm
This is a temporary position with an anticipated end date of January 2022 in the Child Partial Hospital program. **Acutal dates dependent upon business need.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or related field from an accredited graduate program
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completed or currently enrolled in an APA-accredited Doctoral program in Clinical, Counseling or School Psychology (i.e., awarded or working towards a PhD, PsyD or EdD)
- Completed or current enrolled in an APA-accredited Doctoral Internship program in Clinical Psychology
- Two years’ recent experience in a child/adolescent behavioral health setting
- Acute/psychiatric hospital experience, discharge planning/case management experience
- Applied Behavior Analysis certification and/or experience
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: PsyD, PHD, EdE, APA, child, PIP, counseling, group, behavioral health, psychologist, clinical psychology, outpatient, inpatient
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”