Behavioral Health TherapistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76072 Date posted 09/17/2016
Requisition ID: 76072
- Facility: Sharp McDonald Center
- City: San Diego
- Department: Psych Adult Chem Depend
- Category: Counseling Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Available shifts may vary. This position will provide coverage for Therapists in the Residential and Outpatient programs. Shifts will be 5 or more hours. In the Inpatient program, hours are primarily morning/afternoon based. In the Outpatient program, hours are primarily evening based. Weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or related field
- Three years’ experience with substance use disorder and behavioral health population.
- Experience working in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Knowledge of substance use disorders and evidence-based treatments.
- Excellent skills in service delivery, especially with group therapy, assessment, and 1:1 modalities.
- Must have effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates with California licensure is preferred (LCSW, LMFT and or Licensed in the state of California as a mental health professional)
Under the supervision of the Manager/Licensed Psychologist, the Behavioral Health Therapist functions as a member of the interdisciplinary Treatment Team and is responsible for providing case management and direct therapy services to patients and their families. Activities include providing individual, group, and family therapy, developing and updating the master treatment plan, conducting compressive psychosocial assessments, and providing information/referral services. Assists in providing technical guidance on the day-to-day operations of clinical services, and acts as a resource for the program in Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, integrated client safety programs and proactive risk identification and reduction.
Offering the only medically supervised substance abuse recovery facility in San Diego County, the Sharp McDonald Center provides patients an individually tailored approach to drug and alcohol detoxification and rehabilitation in a supportive, structured, homelike setting.
Sharp McDonald Center provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Additional Physical requirements of positions may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LMFT, LCSW