Behavioral Health TherapistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77115 Date posted 11/04/2016
Requisition ID: 77115
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Psychology
- Category: Counseling Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position will be located in Serra Mesa, San Diego, CA
- 20 hours per week with exact schedule to be negotiated based on unit/program needs
- Must include Saturday and Sunday, 6-8hours, day shift AND 4-6 hours on either Friday or Monday (depending on unit/program schedule)
- Might include additional hours on home unit/program or other units/programs, based on employee interest and unit/program needs (totaling up to 40 hours per week).
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in or completed an APA accredited Doctoral program in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology
- (i.e., awarded or working toward a PhD, PsyD or EdD)
- Demonstrated competence using CBT, DBT, and/or ACT in a Psychiatric setting
- At least one year of experience working with a multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary team in an inpatient setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completed an APA-accredited Doctoral Internship program in Clinical Psychology
- Experience and training in an inpatient psychiatric setting
- Expertise in group therapy
- Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Assessment and treatment of severe Psychopathology in adults
- Assessment and treatment of severe Psychopathology in children and adolescents
Sharp Mesa Vista (SMV) is expanding the psychology team so that we can provide comprehensive clinical programming on all SMV inpatient units, seven days per week. Under the supervision of a licensed psychologist, each Behavioral Health Therapist (BHT) will provide assessment and behavioral/cognitive-behavioral treatment on Saturday and Sunday AND will work 4 to 6 hours on either Friday or Monday to ensure continuity with weekday programming and communication with weekday staff. BHT’s will be assigned a home unit or units based on their expertise and interests. BHT’s will be hired as part-time, benefitted employees and will work a minimum of 20 hours per week. BHT’s will have the option of cross training on other inpatient units, outpatient programs, intake, research, etc., with the potential to pick up additional hours (totaling no more than 40 hours per week) in areas where they have cross-trained (depending on staffing needs in those other units/programs/departments). BHT’s will be psychological assistants under supervision of one or more of SMV’s licensed psychologists and hence will accrue hours toward licensure. Once licensure is obtained BHT’s will have the option of staying in their current position or applying for any Clinical Psychologist positions that may become available.
The Psychology Department at Sharp Mesa Vista is home to an APA-accredited internship in clinical psychology as well as training for advanced doctoral students from APA-accredited schools and APPIC-Approved postdoctoral fellowships.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, anxiety, thought disorders, substance abuse or other serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Additional physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Behavioral Health Therapist, APA, Psychological Assistant, Therapy, Psychiatric, Sharp, Sharp HealthCare, Mesa Vista, San Diego, San Diego Jobs, Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology, PhD, PsyD, EdD , CBT, DBT, ACT