Benefits RepresentativeSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77381 Date posted 11/21/2016
Requisition ID: 77381
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: HR Benefits
- Category: Human Resources Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8 hours day shift, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, no weekends
This is a Full-Time (1.0) Position: 80 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field
- Three or more years recent experience as a benefits professional in a large organization
- Working knowledge of benefits programs and benefit plan regulations
- Knowledge of Lawson (or similar) payroll/HRIS system functionality, HR/BN/PR screens, online benefits enrollment
- Proficient on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze complex data and to prepare clear, concise reports
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in working with all levels of employees including executives
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a health care setting
- Knowledge of data base software
- Experience in making technical presentations
The Benefits Representative provides guidance to employees regarding system wide benefits programs. They participant in and support the ongoing administration and compliance of Sharp’s health and welfare plans through specific responsibilities for Lawson benefits data integrity audits, Medicare reporting, new employee orientation materials, LOA and LTD communications, and benefits department administrative support. Serves as a resource and works directly with employees , Human Resources, and insurance carriers to resolve eligibility, enrollment, billing, claims and data integrity issues.
The Benefits Department supports the corporate client areas in all of their Benefits needs.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Benefits, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Benefits Representative, HR, Human Resources