BLS InstructorJob ID 84352 Date posted 11/14/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Cardiac Training
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Required to float throughout the Sharp HealthCare system
Per diem variable shift, weekends as needed.
Ability to meet shift commitment of a minimum of 6 classes per month, during weekday business hours and weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current American Heart Association BLS Instructor card
- One (1) year experience as an American Heart Association BLS Instructor in good standing
- Willingness to adhere to Sharp departmental and AHA policies
- Must be able to function in Lead Instructor and Back up Instructor capacity
- Able to be available to teach a minimum of 6 classes per month, during weekday business hours and weekends
- Able to adapt to different teaching situations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualification
- Must be able to work in a team setting
The role of the Basic Life Support Instructor is critical to both the community and health care providers. We ensure that our instructors know how to give effective presentations of BLS information and materials; Candidates are expected to know how to function as a leader and participant in all components of a BLS Provider course including (but not limited to): performing in the classroom demonstrations and lecture, setting up and using educational presentation tools; instruction and skills evaluation stations, practice stations, remediation stations, and written examinations; the educational philosophy of the BLS Program; and relevant policies and procedures for conducting AHA courses.
Cardiac Training Center offers CPR and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) courses for employees and the community. We are the largest American Heart Association authorized Training Center in San Diego County. We facilitate an average of 25 lifesaving courses a month at various Sharp facilities. Join us in our mission to strengthen the chain of survival.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: BLS Instructor, EMT, Paramedic