Business Analyst - Application ManagementJob ID 83369 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Finance
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour day shift, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration
- Five to Seven years related work experience in business systems analysis, system support, and/or system configuration
- Three to five years’ experience in Health Plan working as Business Analyst, reporting analyst, software configuration analyst, or data analyst
- Strong working knowledge of Health Plan operations and business workflows
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Experience working within ITIL or other IT best practices frameworks
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, network design and application infrastructure
- Working knowledge of application environment management and source control management procedures
- Extensive experience with core software applications for Health Plan core functions, including claims processing, member enrollment and billing, group billing, customer services, call center integration, correspondence and reporting
- Strong understanding of Health Plan regulatory requirements, DMHC requirements and State of CA requirements for Health Plan information systems and technologies
- Excellent project management skills, with proven expertise in leading and overseeing project teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong ability to translate technical requirements into business language and business requirements
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
The Business Analyst-Apps Management is responsible for support, maintenance, design and configuration of the Health Plan core Administrative system in order to meet the business requirements as defined by the leadership across the organization.
Sharp Health Plan offers a variety of coverage options that combine affordability and choice, while delivering high quality health care and personal service. We provide health insurance for companies of all sizes throughout the region. Members have access to valuable plan enhancements, such as interactive wellness resources, dental discounts and our exclusive global emergency services program.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan. With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups and physicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providing unparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value.
As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Business Analyst- Application Management