Business Intelligence Developer IIJob ID 80076 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: ISD Decision Support Services
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Location This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County. Hours 8-hour shift; evenings and weekends as needed
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour shift; evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as Computer Science, Business Administration, or Health Care Administration.
- Minimum of five years with recent hands-on experience utilizing Informatica in a large data warehousing environment required.
- Minimum of four years PL/SQL programming experience using Oracle 10g or higher
- Understanding of database structures in a data warehousing environment required.
- Experience working in a large data warehousing environment following an SDLC approach in all development assignments
- Proven skill set in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers
- Previous experience working in an environment where the prioritization of multiple projects such that deliverable dates are met for the attainment of project goals
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required and ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to meet face to face with business users to develop project requirements that lead to successful design and programming.
- Ability to problem solve and identify root cause for issue resolution.
- Ability to generate creative solutions, apply design principles and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality, apply feedback to improve performance and monitor own work to ensure quality.
The Decision Support Systems Team is an experienced group of twenty-four dedicated to the support of the organization in data reporting and decision making. A dynamic group of individuals, the Decision Support Systems Team is a great place to learn, produce, and have fun while delivering quality results & success to our customers. Sharp HealthCare's Information Technology department is nationally recognized within the Health Care industry. For thirteen years, we ranked in the top 100 Most Wired HealthCare systems by Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine.
The Business Intelligence Developer II will be responsible for the implementation, integration and expansion of the Data Warehouse including development of ETL processes, special PL/SQL programming requirements and maintenance of existing structure to meet the operational and organizational needs of department decision makers. The Business Intelligence Developer II will work with analysts and other developers to design a reporting infrastructure to meet organizational and operational requirements. The Business Intelligence Developer II will support existing tools and adoption of standard strategic tools to support the Data Warehouse. The Business Intelligence Developer II will have the ability to follow an established SDLC process in all development, assignments, contribute ideas to the expansion of the data warehouse and work with team members in various projects. The Business Intelligence Developer II understands standardized coding and testing methodology and able to determine project requirements and timelines based on functional specifications. The Business Intelligence Developer II must have strong programming, communication and documentation skills and an understanding of Data Warehousing.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Business Developer, Informatica, SQL, PL Programming, database structures, SDLC, data warehousing, Oracle 10g