Business Service Representative, SharpCare Kearny Mesa
Job ID: 97222 Date posted: August 02, 2019
- SharpCare Kearny Mesa
- Clerical Jobs
Responsible for patient registration, demographic and insurance updates. Works with patients to resolve billing and insurance related issues.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been
serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence
Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group
practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care
doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Location: This location is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County. Please note that if there is a business need you may have to travel to another location.
Position is based at SharpCare Kearny Mesa.
Hours: Full time (1.0 FTE), variable 8 hour shift
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience in Business Office, Medical Insurance Billing or Scheduling Systems.
- ICD-9 coding, RVS coding and CPT coding.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations and use good judgment and tact in dealing with patients.
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Medical terminology.
- Bilingual English / Spanish.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”