Business Service Representative
Job ID: 102401 Date posted: May 19, 2020
- SRS Administration
- Revenue Management
- Clerical Jobs
- Day Job
To provide SRS Business Service customers with prompt, courteous, and professional responses to billing questions, concerns, or inquiries. The Business Service Representative also assures that each billing inquiry is followed through, appropriate adjustments are made and customers are informed.
Sharp Rees-Stealy’s Registration & Business Services (RBS) is responsible for verifying and updating insurance and eligibility information for SRS patients with scheduled appointments. A centralized team of business service representatives proactively contacts patients to resolve insurance issues prior to their clinic appointment. They work to update the GE practice management system to ensure billing data is accurate and matches the information on file at the patient’s health plan, therefore, resulting in decreased registration and eligibility related denials, fewer patient phone calls & complaints related to billing issues, enhancing efficiencies and increasing revenue. The RBS area, located at Copley, also verifies insurance for patients who update their information on-line using “FollowMyHealth”. Mainly serving as an outbound contact center, RBS is open Monday-Friday from 7 am to 5 pm.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County at Sharp Copley
Hours: 830 am - 5pm, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ experience in medical billing and/or patient accounting in a medical business office preferred or minimum of three years’ experience as a patient representative at a health care facility.
- Experience with on-line accounts receivable system and typing speed of 50 words per minute.
- Previous cashiering experience and computer/data entry knowledge.
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations and use good judgement and tact in dealing with patients.
- ICD-9 coding, RVS coding, and CPT coding.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medical terminology.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”