Business Service RepresentativeJob ID 84486 Date posted 11/21/2017
- Facility: SRS North Mira Mesa
- City: San Diego
- Department: Patient Account Reps
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Mira Mesa, San Diego County
Hours: Per diem position - variable 8 hour shifts with weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ experience in medical billing and/or patient accounting in a business office preferred or minimum of three years’ experience as a patient representative at a health care facility.
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- General knowledge of office procedures.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Strong professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations and use good judgment and tact in dealing with patients.
- ICD-9 coding, RVS coding and CPT coding.
- Experience with on-line accounts receivable system
- Typing speed of 50 words per minute.
- Previous cashiering experience and computer/data entry knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Medical terminology
The Business Service Representative (BSR) works with patients to resolve billing and insurance related issues. Primary responsibilities includes processing customer issues promptly and prioritizing patient’s needs, investigating billing questions for patients, reviewing patient accounts when updating insurance and educating patients on outstanding balances, verifying insurance information, demographics and eligibility and identifying opportunities for system improvements and/or efficiencies.
The Patient Account Representatives Department is responsible for assisting patients with billing questions and assuring insurance eligibility.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Business Services Representative