Cardiac SonographerJob ID 85903 Date posted 02/02/2018
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Non-Invasive Cardio
- Category: Cardiology Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in the community of Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; per diem position to work 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; weekends as needed; call is required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Cardiovascular Technology training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirement of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- Current RDCS registry by the ARDMS or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of universal precautions and sterile techniques
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented patient care environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certification in Pediatric Echo (PE)
- One or more years performing echocardiography procedures
- Experience with electronic medical record
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Cardiac Sonographer in Echo at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital will work with minimal supervision to obtain high-quality images on neonate patients by performing bedside echo exams and fetal echo exams with emphasis on quality patient care. As part of the Sharp Experience, all sonographers are expected to utilize the concept of A (Acknowledge)I(Introduce)D(Duration)E(Explanation)T(Thank you) with each patient.
Our echo department completes fetal/neonate echo exams and downloads them into the EchoPACS system and is responsible for reconciliation of billing for performed procedures.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system. In 2013 the hospital earned Prominent Designation as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery. Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. It is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Essential physical requirements may be discussed at time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Cardiac sonographer, echo cardiology, echocardiography, echo tech, Healthcare