The Cardiology Tech I performs EKGs and light clerical duties. Ensure that all billing is accurate for tests performed throughout the day. Assist the secretary with answering phones and scheduling outpatient tests. Perform tests in accordance with the cardiologist orders. The Non-Invasive Tech I is an integral part in maintaining an efficient patient workflow through our small but growing diagnostic cardiology department.
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Sharp Memorial Hospital has four cardiac cath suites and a nine bed CV staging unit. The common patient population consists of diagnostic cardiac and peripheral catheterization, percutaneous coronary and peripheral intervention, as well as electrophysiology procedures patients. We provide pre and post op patient care and assist physicians with procedures including transesophageal echocardiography, ECHO guided endo-myocardial biopsies, tilt table studies and arrhythmia cardioversion.
This position is located at Sharp Memorial Hospital in the Community of Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shifts; 0500-1330, 0700-1530, 1300-2130, 2100-0530
Weekend Coverage: as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of EKG training program (ROP or equivalent) in EKG and arrhythmia recognition and with documented clinical hours performed in EKG modality
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Knowledge and understanding of cardiac arrhythmias
- Skills to perform EKGs, signal average EKG, and Holter monitor hook up
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years EKG experience
- Experience with scheduling outpatient tests a plus
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.