Cardiovascular Technologist II
Job ID: 98578 Date posted: October 09, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Cardiology Jobs
- Day Job
The Cardiovascular Tech will be responsible for direct patient care to include first scrub assistant, circulating and hemodynamic monitoring during cardiac catheterization. Will assist physicians, technical and nursing staff as required.
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Sharp Memorial Hospital has four cardiac cath suites and a 15 bed CV staging unit. The common patient population consists of diagnostic cardiac and peripheral catheterization, percutaneous coronary and peripheral intervention, as well as electrophysiology procedures patients. We provide pre and post op patient care and assist physicians with procedures including trans-esophageal echocardiography, ECHO guided endo-myocardial biopsies, tilt table studies and arrhythmia cardio-version.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors. Tthis hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in the community of Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- Intra-unit position for employees of Cardiac Cath Lab Department at Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Graduate of a formal Cardiovascular program with an Associate’s Degree
- BLS for HealthCare Providers
- Working knowledge of invasive cardiac procedures, assisting the physician as directed
- Must be proficient in scrubbing, monitoring and circulating during any invasive procedure
- Must consistently follow procedures, must demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, and maintain an attitude of professionalism, strictly adhere to all hospital and departmental safety regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures
- IV Certification
- Bachelors of Science degree
- One or more years of CVT experience
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”