Cardiovascular Technologist III
Job ID: 97410 Date posted: August 15, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Cardiology Jobs
- Day Job
The Cardiovascular Tech III in the Cardiovascular/EP Cath Labs will be responsible for direct patient care to include first scrub assistant, circulating & hemodynamic monitoring during cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology & peripheral procedures. Assist physicians, technical and nursing staff as required.
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Sharp Memorial Hospital has four cardiac cath suites and a 14 bed CV staging unit. The common patient population consists of diagnostic cardiac and peripheral catheterization, percutaneous coronary and peripheral intervention, as well as electrophysiology procedures patients. We provide pre and post op patient care and assist physicians with procedures including transesophageal echocardiography, ECHO guided endomyocardial biopsies, tilt table studies and arrhythmia cardioversion.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located at Sharp Memorial Hospital in community of Serra Mesa in San Diego County
- Graduate of a two year invasive cardiovascular technology program; Associate of Science degree
- Current BLS for HealthCare providers by the American Heart Association
- Must be a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
- Two years recent experience as an invasive cardiovascular technologist with EP exposure
- Must be proficient in scrubbing, monitoring and circulating during invasive procedures performed in a large cath lab.
- Skill and experience with EP studies, ablations and trans-septal procedure preparation including equipment and supplies.
- Must consistently follow procedures; demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, cooperation and maintain an attitude of professionalism
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills that promote teamwork and initiative required
- Bachelors of Science degree
- IV Certification
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”