This position will responsible for providing discharge planning and coordination of care for members hospitalized in the acute care setting in collaboration with the Hospitalist team, Sharp Rees-Stealy primary care physician, and ancillary staff to ensure cost effective quality service throughout the continuum of care.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
This position will float to Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, and Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center in San Diego County
Full Time - Day position
8:00am - 4:30pm - including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) licensure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be flexible and very organized
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to three years’ experience in the acute patient care, SNF, home health, or hospice settings
- Experience as a case manager or discharge planner interacting with managed care payers
- Experience with InterQual or Milliman Guidelines
- Understanding of the ICD-9 and CPT coding
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Care Coordinator, Case Manager, Discharge Planning, Inpatient, Case, Management, , Corpsman, Healthcare LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs