Care CoordinatorJob ID 83754 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Case Management
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem position - 8:00am - 4:30pm
Weekend rotation - every 4th weekend (may change as needed)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent with continued college education in a related healthcare field
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing licensure
- Knowledge of medical terminology, treatment plans, healthcare delivery systems, severity of illness, and intensity of treatment criteria
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years' current LVN experience in an acute care setting
- Bachelors degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification
- Hospital case management experience
- Discharge Planning experience
- Working knowledge of computer programs and demonstrated proficiency
The LVN Care Coordinator position will ensures thorough patient assessment and planning for the appropriate level of care setting. This position will implement the plan of care and strategies to meet the anticipated clinical, quality and financial outcomes. LVN Care Coordinators also collaborates and communicates effectively with others in a manner that facilitates informed decisions regarding patient's level of care, discharge planning needs and continuum of care. Completes and regularly updates paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse Case Management, Discharge Planning, Nursing jobs, Healthcare LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs