Care Specialist - Population HealthJob ID 84357 Date posted 11/14/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Informatics and Pop Health ACO
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in downtown San Diego. Occasional travel between Sharp HealthCare offices; must provide own transportation.
9hr variable shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Medical Assistant
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with project coordination or management activities for an office or health care organization.
- Evidence of strong analytical skills, and the ability to work independently to organize and accurately execute large volumes of tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Evidence of excellent engagement and customer service skills.
- Excellent typing skills and proven expertise generating documents and reports utilizing software applications including but not limited to Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Medical Assistant level of education preferred.
- Two years college coursework preferred.
- Knowledge of medical office patient navigation, organization, and scheduling models preferred.
The Care Specialist provides support to administrative team by coordinating Population Health priorities. Ensures effective and efficient systems. Ensures processes are utilized to achieve and improve patient outreach, care and operational outcomes. Supports and facilitates care coordination activities and services provided by RN Case Managers and assists with oversight of Care at Home activities and initiatives. Collaborates and assists with strategies that target care management engagement and growth.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Care at Home Program provides clinical visits to patients in their home by a nurse practitioner. With the support of a care team to ensure maximum level of support and knowledge provided to patient and their family, we are able to provide care in an innovative way to help meet the needs of patients that are homebound.
With 500 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Must have own transportation, potential for in home patient visits.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Care Specialist Care at Home, medical assistant, MA