This position is located at the Kearny Mesa Spectrum site
Per Diem, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Three (3) years minimum working in the managed health care field, preferably HMO or delegated risk medical group/IPA setting.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in research and decision making with minimal direction
- Ability to multi-task; excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in medical terminology and current standards of clinical practice
- Proficient in use of ICD-10, CPT and HCPC coding
- Computer knowledge, prefer experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Office
- Proficient in typing and computer data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, speak and hear English clearly
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One (1) year experience with medical coding and data entry
- Successful completion of ICD-10 and CPT coding classes or equivalent work experience
To review complex requests for medical care and services, including requests for outpatients care, elective inpatient admission, skilled nursing facility admission, retrospective claim review, medical equipment, and home health in accordance with Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group (SRS) referral guidelines. Provide support and facilitation of care coordination services provided by the Case Managers (Levels I-IV) to members.
Needed in this position is a highly motivated individual with excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to multitask. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Proficient in medical terminology and current standards of clinical practice. Proficient in use of ICD10, CPT4 and HCPC coding systems. Proficient in typing and computer data entry (45 wpm). Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and hear English clearly. Ability to work independently in research and decision making with minimal direction from higher level staff.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in-patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Prolonged computer work requiring fine motor skills and sitting 75 percent of the time, prolonged standing and walking 25 percent of the time, able to lift at least 25 pounds able to push/pull at least 50 pounds.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords, Care Specialist