Case Manager I - InpatientJob ID 84811 Date posted 12/09/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Inpatient Case Management
- Category: Case Manager Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00am-4:30pm, every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Computer, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals or teams across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skill, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN degree or equivalent
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual, Millimans Care Guidelines (MCG) and Allscripts
The Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) RN Case Manager I assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory, financial, and utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
The Case Manager I is part of the SRS Inpatient Case Management Team. The SRS Case Management Team provides inpatient case management services to SRS patients at Sharp Memorial, Sharp Grossmont and Sharp Chula Vista. The team consists of RN Case Managers, LVN Care Coordinators and Care Specialists.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or in a nearby location.
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Case Manager, RN Case Management, CCM, Utilization Management, UM, Nursing Job, Nurse, RN, Sharp Rees Stealy, SRS