Case Manager I, Transition Planning/ Case Management/ Sharp Memorial Hospital/ Day Shift/ Full-time
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Shift Start Time:8 AM
Shift End Time:4:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:Weekend requirement to be discussed at time of interview or offer
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
The RN CM I assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
Case Managers at Sharp Memorial Hospital are part of the Integrated Care Management Department. The department uses a collaborative model of nursing, social work and clinical support to navigate patients through utilization review, resource utilization and the discharge process. This dynamic and fast-paced department is comprised of RN/Social Work Transition Planners, Utilization Review nurses, as well as non-clinical resource care coordinators.
- 3 Years Recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing -REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) - Commission for Case Manager Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- PC, data management and analysis skills required, (experience with InterQual, and or MCG and Allscripts Care Management an Asset).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and or teams, and across disciplines.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as demonstrated in oral and written forms.
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external. Organizational and time management skills, as evidence by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classCalifornia Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing; Certified Case Manager (CCM) - Commission for Case Manager Certification; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community