Case Manager II - Inpatient
Job ID: 96268 Date posted: June 13, 2019
- SRS Administration
- Inpatient Case Management
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) RN Case Manager II assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory, financial, and utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
The Case Manager II is part of the SRS Inpatient Case Management Team. The SRS Case Management Team provides inpatient case management services to SRS patients at Sharp Memorial, Sharp Grossmont and Sharp Chula Vista. The team consists of RN Case Managers, LVN Care Coordinators and Care Specialists.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or in a nearby location.
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position will float to Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Grossmont Hospital and Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center in San Diego County
8-hour shift, 7:30am-4:30pm, every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nursing license (RN)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) or equivalent degree
- Minimum three (3) years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent case management, utilization review, and/or care coordination experience
- Advanced personal computer, data management and analysis skills
- Understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and ED settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals or teams across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skill, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to mentor and lead a team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Case Management certification - such as Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual, Millimans Care Guidelines (MCG) and Allscripts
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole