Case Manager IIJob ID 84766 Date posted 12/08/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Case Management
- Category: Case Manager Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift position, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Three years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Three years of recent case management, utilization review, care coordination experience
- Advanced PC, data management and analysis skills
- Understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and the ED settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Able to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to mentor and lead a team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Perinatal/OB RN experience
- Master’s prepared RN
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Cerner
The RN Case Manager II assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
The Case Manager II position is with the Case Management Department of Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns. Perinatal/OB experience preferred.
As San Diego’s only hospital dedicated to exclusively to women, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns offers a full range of health care services for women at all stages of life – from pregnancy to menopause to healthy aging. More babies enter the world at Sharp Mary Birth than any other hospital in California – about 9,500 each year. Sharp Mary Birch has been recognized as a Magnet® hospital for nursing and patient care excellence, is a certified Baby Friendly birth facility, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is recognized among the best in the world.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keyword: 84766, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Jobs, Case Manager II Jobs, RN Case Management Jobs, Utilization Review, San Diego Nursing Jobs