Case Manager Per Diem III, Case Managment, SMH
Job ID: 94668 Date posted: March 26, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Case Management
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Case Manager III Per Diem position assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
Case Managers at Sharp Memorial Hospital are part of the Case Management Department. The department uses a collaborative model of nursing, social work and clinical support to navigate patients through utilization review, resource utilization and the discharge process. This dynamic and fast-paced department is comprised of RN case managers, medical social workers and support staff.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keyword: Case Manager Per Diem III Jobs, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Jobs, Case Manager Jobs, RN Case Management Jobs, Utilization Management Jobs, UM Jobs, Utilization Review Jobs, UR Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Nurse, Critical Care, Intensive Care, ICU, Medical Surgical, M/S, Progressive Care Unit, PCU, Emergency Department, ED, Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego Nursing Jobs
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour variable shift position; weekends as needed
The Per Diem III position requires shift commitment/availability of eight (8) 8-hour shifts per 4-week schedule and 3 weekend shifts or 2 weekend shifts and 1 Friday or 1 Monday shift in a 4 week schedule, plus one major holiday and one minor holiday
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- PC, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years Case Management experience strongly desired
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole