Job ID: 98352 Date posted: October 04, 2019
- SRS Central Downtown
- Diabetes Care Management
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Case Manager will assess, plan, intervene and evaluate patient outcomes for individuals with diabetes whose current status is outside the target range. Diabetes Case Managers carry a caseload taken from a population of individuals whose diabetes acuity has been determined to be severe, using a stratification process that incorporates data from available encounter, lab, medication, and admission databases. Within the SRS clinical setting, she/he collaborates with patients, families, caregivers, primary care physicians and endocrinologists to develop, implement and modify the plan of care for individuals with type 2 and type 1 diabetes, based on an in-depth assessment and interventions which support national standards for diabetes care and for the disease management process. The Diabetes Case Manager is an expert clinician and educator, using patient-centered communication skills to assist the patient with self-management goal setting, and to motivate the patient to achieve those goals. The Case Manager adheres to established policies and performs rigorous documentation according to established standards and addresses care that is client entered with mutual goals, allowing stewardship of resources for the client and the healthcare system. Performance and patient outcomes are monitored monthly.
The Population Health Department of Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) employs case managers who face-to-face and telephonically manage SRS patients with diabetes. The team includes, but is not limited to case managers, diabetes specialist educators and support Staff.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in San Diego, San Diego County.
9-hour day shift, Monday - Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an acute care setting or clinical experience in area of specialty
- Advanced clinical skills in area of expertise
- Two years or more Utilization/Case Management experience, preferably in a managed care setting
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of utilization management, case management, healthcare finances, alternative care options, goals and outcomes and regulatory and professional implications
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of computer software programs (Microsoft Word and Excel) and demonstrates efficiency
- Diabetes Knowledge
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or health related field strongly preferred
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Advanced clinical skills in the area of diabetes, hypertension, and lipid disease management
- Knowledge of all pertinent medication actions and adverse effects
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole