Job ID: 99330 Date posted: November 14, 2019
- SRS Administration
- Population Health
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Case Manager position with the Population Health Department of Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) will telephonically manage SRS patients with cardiac disease, diabetes, COPD or asthma whose current status is below optimum. Timely and appropriate coordination of quality healthcare services to meet an individual's specific health needs in a cost-effective manner to promote positive outcomes. Involves a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual's healthcare needs through communication and available resources. Addresses care that is client centered, with mutual goals, allowing stewardship of resources for the client and healthcare system.
The Population Health Department includes the Ambulatory, Disease Management and Diabetes Management programs. The team includes, but is not limited to Case Managers, Diabetes Specialist Educators and support staff.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located Downtown, San Diego County
8-hour variable shift: 7:30am-4:00pm or 8:00am-4:30pm
This is a temporary position for a duration of 3-6 months
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Minimum of five years of acute care or clinical experience in area of specialty
- Advanced clinical skills in area of expertise
- Two years of Utilization/ Case Management experience, preferably in Managed Care Setting
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of utilization management, case management, healthcare finances, alternative care options, goals and outcomes, regulatory and professional implications.
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and application of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or health related field
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole