Case ManagerJob ID 81819 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Population Health
- Category: Case Manager Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position will be located in: Chula Vista, San Diego county
*Must have own transportation for travel between various Sharp Rees-Stealy (SRS) locations
Variable 9-hour day shift, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three to five years of experience in area of specialty
- Advanced clinical skills in area of expertise
- Two years of Utilization/ Case Management experience, preferably in Managed Care Setting
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of utilization management, case management, healthcare finances, alternative care options, goals and outcomes, regulatory and professional implications.
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledg and application of compute software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or health related field
The Primary Care Case Manager position with the Population Health Department of Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) will telephonically and in person manage SRS patients. This position is for an embedded case manager that will manage high risk populations, patients with chronic illness, post hospitalized patients while working on a collaborative team across the continuum of care.
The Population Health Department includes the Ambulatory, Disease Management and Diabetes Management programs. The team includes, but is not limited to Case Managers, Diabetes Specialist Educators and support staff.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Case Manager, Case Management, RN, Population Health, Pop Health, Critical Care, PCU, Cardiology, Diabetes, Pulmonology, Cardiac Rehab, case manager jobs in San Diego, RN jobs in San Diego, training opportunity