Case ManagerJob ID 84049 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: SRS Central Downtown
- City: San Diego
- Department: Diabetes Care Management
- Category: Case Manager Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Downtown, San Diego County.
Variable 8-hour day shift, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an acute care setting or clinical experience in area of specialty
- Advanced clinical skills in area of expertise
- Two years or more Utilization/Case Management experience, preferably in a managed care setting
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of utilization management, case management, healthcare finances, alternative care options, goals and outcomes and regulatory and professional implications
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of computer software programs (Microsoft Word and Excel) and demonstrates efficiency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or health related field strongly preferred
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Advanced clinical skills in the area of diabetes, hypertension, and lipid disease management
- Knowledge of all pertinent medication actions and adverse effects
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Case Manager will assess, plan, intervene and evaluate patient outcomes for individuals with diabetes whose current status is outside the target range. Diabetes Disease Managers carry a caseload taken from a population of individuals whose diabetes acuity has been determined to be severe, using a stratification process that incorporates data from available encounter, lab, medication, and admission databases. Within the SRS clinical setting, she/he collaborates with patients, families, caregivers, primary care physicians and endocrinologists to develop, implement and modify the plan of care for individuals with type 2 and type 1 diabetes, based on an in-depth assessment and interventions which support national standards for diabetes care and for the disease management process. The Diabetes Disease Manager is an expert clinician and educator, using patient-centered communication skills to assist the patient with self-management goal setting, and to motivate the patient to achieve those goals. The Case Manager adheres to established policies and performs rigorous documentation according to established standards and addresses care that is client entered with mutual goals, allowing stewardship of resources for the client and the healthcare system. Performance and patient outcomes are monitored monthly.
The Population Health Department of Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) employs case managers who telephonically manage SRS patients with diabetes. The team includes, but is not limited to case managers, diabetes specialist educators and support Staff.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Case Manager, RN, RN Case Management, Diabetes, Sharp Rees Stealy, San Diego, Nursing Jobs, case manager jobs, CM jobs, utilization review jobs, UR jobs