The Certified Histology Technician is a key member of the team that produces a high volume and a quality product for the pathologists, to render fast and accurate diagnostic information. Previous experience in immunohistochemistry will be a plus for the candidate.
The Sharp HealthCare Copley Laboratory is the centralized reference laboratory responsible for supporting the Sharp HealthCare system. The scope of services includes the Pathology Lab, Immunology, Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostic testing and is operational 24 hours per day/7 days per week. We are proud to have a team of very committed and highly performing employees! Our leadership team promotes wellness, real time reward & recognition, professional growth, flexible scheduling and work/life balance. Take your career to the next level with Sharp HealthCare’s Clinical Lab Services!
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time (1.0) Position. 8-hour shift; Tuesday - Saturday: 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Education required for ASCP Histotechnician certification
- Current Histotechnician (HT-ASCP) certification
- One year of full time equivalent experience in an anatomic pathology/histology lab
- Experience performing all routine and special histology procedures
- Exceptional customer service, communication, relationship and critical decision making skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise in a histology lab
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years of full time equivalent experience in an anatomic pathology/histology lab
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Pathology, Histotechnician, Histo Tech, Histology, ASCP, Certified, Histologist, IHC, Immunohistochemistry