Certified Home Health Aide - CHHA - Home CareSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 74451 Date posted 06/27/2016
Requisition ID: 74451
- Facility: Sharp Home Health
- City: San Diego
- Department: HH East County Orange
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is based in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour shift, Full-time, 8:00am - 5:00pm, working one weekend/month and occasional holidays
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of an Accredited Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) course
- Current registration with the State of California Board of Consumer Affairs as a CHHA
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent CHHA experience
- Excellent communication, project development and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and techniques
- Competence to execute home health aide skills safely
- Actively participates and provides effective ongoing communication with other team members
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Home Health Aide provides comprehensive personal care and light housekeeping to home care patients under the supervision of an RN, PT, ST or OT. The Home Health Aide manages time, prioritizes work assignment, completes and submits required paperwork including daily notes, route sheets and mileage reports according to departmental time frames. The Home Health Aide documentation reflects care given as indicated on the Plan of Care. The Home Health Aide will attend a minimum of 12 hours in-service training per year. The Home Health Aide will exhibit courtesy, cooperation and respect toward patients, visits, physicians, and fellow workers to create a positive public image and a harmonic work environment.
Sharp Home Care is San Diego’s largest home care agency, licensed and certified since 1983. The agency is part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, home to an array of comprehensive medical services and recipient of the 2007 prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for quality an organizational performance excellence. Sharp Home care provides cutting edge clinical services including transplant care, wound experts, diabetes nurse educator, infusion specialists and non-invasive pain management modalities.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Care provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals through San Diego County.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Home Health Aide-HHA, Home Health Aide, Certified Home Health Aide, CHHA, HHA