Job ID: 100782 Date posted: February 03, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- Staffing Resource Network
- Allied Health Jobs
- Per Diem
Chaplains are responsibl for providing crisis chaplaincy coverage to the Trauma/Emergency Department, as well as other areas where a chaplain is needed/requested during an assigned shift, and also providing chaplaincy coverage to other clinical areas needed under the direction of
This position will be floating to other Sharp locations as needed.
Per Diem, Variable hours and weekends as needed.
- Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to understand and prepare statistical data and reports.
- Expertise in program planning, development, and management.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Two years of Parish experience or experience in a setting managing volunteer programs.
- Two years chaplaincy experience in an institutional setting, preferably a health care setting.
- Endorsement for Chaplaincy from faith group.
- Ordination and/or faith group endorsement.
- Eligibility to meet certification standards of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors and/or the Association of Professional Chaplains for Pastoral Care Specialist strongly
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”