Chief Experience Officer
Job ID: 102197 Date posted: May 01, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- Sharp Experience Admin
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related professional experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in a strategy, organizational development or marketing leadership role.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion in seeking out leaders to build consensus with the ability to inspire action.
- Clearly defines an optimal employee, physician, patient and family experience to articulate the changes needed in order to achieve top decile satisfaction.
- Able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated experience programs and initiatives, particularly in the age of social media and increasing digital/virtual service delivery.
- Innovative leader who builds effective relationships and has a collaborative working style.
- Proven ability to assemble and motivate high performance teams.
- Superior interpersonal communication, presentation skills, and master facilitator as well as proven organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in establishing, facilitating and measuring the success of learning objectives and activities for a large organization.
- Experience with customer research and survey systems to support branding strategies.
- Effective team player; fosters enthusiasm, passion and engagement to produce outstanding results.
- Ability to model The Sharp Experience as a highly effective operational and project team leader.
Experience Design and Strategy for The Sharp Experience.
- Facilitates the development of organization-wide expectations for how leaders and team members bring The Sharp Experience to life, particularly with increasing digital and virtual service delivery expectations. Conducts nation-wide best practice research on exemplar employee, physician and patient experience organizations, extracting best principles to deploy at Sharp.
- Leads organization-wide planning and implementation of comprehensive experience endeavors. Uses voice of the customer input to guide all Sharp Experience elements, particularly as care delivery becomes increasingly digital.
- Collaborates with executive leadership, Clinical Effectiveness and Talent Management to identify leadership development opportunities that drive organizational accountability and improvement to achieve top decile performance across Sharp’s seven Pillars of Excellence.
- Collaborates with Talent Management, Clinical Effectiveness, Caster Institute for Nursing Excellence, and executive leadership to provide learning opportunities for leaders, physicians and team members including strategies and curriculum design and delivery for leadership development.
- Designs and facilitates learning programs that ensure foundational elements of The Sharp Experience are understood and demonstrated at all levels of the organization. Collaborates with Talent Management to incorporate The Sharp Experience education and training into orientation, onboarding and leadership development activities. Collaborates with Clinical Effectiveness to promote High Reliability Organizing as an experience, engagement and improvement strategy.
- Coordinates and implements quarterly Leadership Development series for Sharp leaders. With input from executive leadership and Talent Management, designs these learning experiences to ensure all leaders are equipped with the skills, tools, experiences, and inspiration to achieve system goals and vision.
- Designs, plans and oversees Sharp’s Physician Leadership Academy to align and engage current and prospective physician leaders at Sharp in collaboration with executive leadership including system and entity CMOs.
- Coordinates the annual physician satisfaction assessment process, providing input and recommendations to entity Chief Executive Officers (“CEOs”) on insights and opportunities to better serve affiliated physicians.
- Elevates priority of and focus on enhancing and continually improving the overall experience of patients and families throughout Sharp, particularly as care delivery becomes increasing digital. In partnership with leadership across all Sharp entities, instills a culture of service excellence, hospitality, ownership and results across the organization.
- Works with hospital, medical group and health plan leadership to drive top decile patient experience within all entities of Sharp. Utilizes evidence-based practices to ensure organization-wide achievement of goals.
- Oversees the research process to gather and utilize voice of the customer input to support customer and physician engagement and overall system goals.
- Oversees and provides input to the patient satisfaction assessment process. Provides data, analysis and recommendations for all entity CEOs.
Brand Champion and Storyteller
- Serves as a brand champion for the organization, conducting presentations, workshops and consultation for other health care organizations and other industries organizations. Designs and stages methods for sharing Sharp's story beyond the organization.
- Facilitates unique learning experiences for organizations interested in learning the foundations and fundamentals of The Sharp Experience. Collaborates with others in the organization to create other learning experiences that highlight Sharp expertise and accomplishments.
- Coordinates and facilitates representation of The Sharp Experience at forums, conferences, and workshops in collaboration with executive leadership.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”