Clinical Case Manager
Job ID: 108108 Date posted: February 22, 2021
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Oncology Admin
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Case Manager’s (CCM) role is to be a patient advocate providing patients and their families with a point of care approach, and guiding them through the healthcare system providing information regarding services, education, funding and access to care. The Case Manager ensures service access and meets community care needs through quality assessment, triage, service delivery, and care coordination of clinical services between key external constituencies and Sharp.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Case Manager include presenting the Sharp health Care continuum to the public and health care community improving service linkages, maximizing care continuity and satisfaction and supporting the Sharp HealthCare system in multi-service referral, program development, and quality care management. The CCM will develop strong relationships with physicians, their office staff, community clinics and healthcare providers to assure that there are multiple options for patients and that they are provided excellent care. The Clinical Case Manager will also be responsible for collecting data regarding patient referrals, quality outcomes and reporting to oversight committees and organizations. The primary purpose of the CCM is to reduce anxiety and frustration with coordinating care and improve patient satisfaction with the health care systems. The Case Manager will facilitate more efficient and cost effective use of health care resources.
The Laurel Amtower Cancer Institute at Sharp Memorial Hospital is the facility of choice for more than 2,000 patients battling cancer diagnosis. At the Cancer Institute, we are committed to providing the best cancer treatments available so our patients won’t have to leave San Diego. We offer patients the highest-quality care by providing easy access to excellent medical care, cutting-edge treatments, advanced technologies, groundbreaking clinical research and a dedication to the wellness and vitality of our patients.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers state-of-the-art surgical services, and inpatient and outpatient services provide San Diego cancer patients the opportunity to promote comfort and healing. Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion provides excellent care in imaging, chemotherapy and radiation services.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- Three years of acute care clinical experience in area of specialty
- Advanced clinical skills and in-depth knowledge in area of expertise
- Previous experience with cancer care, case management or patient teaching
- Ability to be innovative and creative in order to develop strategies that successfully meet the needs of diverse patient, family and provider populations
- Demonstrates competence in team building, conflict management and interpersonal effectiveness
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills building relationships with physicians
- Understanding of performance improvements and research methodologies
- Experience facilitating the design, implementation and evaluation of health care promotion programs and/or community development
- Excellent computer application skills and data base management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MSN degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole