This position is located in San Diego, CA.
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, weekends as needed; Every team member takes a one week rotation. On-call hours required, physician night meeting coverage required (6pm-8pm), and occasional (as needed) weekend work required during important system upgrades or changes.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years in a related process analyst or quality analyst role or related experience
- Intermediate to advanced computer and database skills (Access, Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical degree or Medical Office Degree
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in a healthcare environment
- Five (5) years of experience in a health system including supervisory or managerial responsibilities in conjunction with process analysis, work re-design activities, as well as Health Information Management expertise and medical record computer applications
- Knowledge of Medical Charting standards (SOAP), Project Management, Expert Organizational skills, SQL
- Healthcare experience in California
- Ability to effectively work with Sharp management, staff, physicians, and vendors; to communicate accurately and effectively with people, verbally and in writing
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people; to practice good time management and to demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement methods
- Thorough knowledge of the legal, ethical, managerial and organizational principles and standards for multi-facility health systems in California
Be part of the team that transforms healthcare! The Ambulatory Electronic Healthcare Record (AEHR) will revolutionize healthcare delivery and make Sharp Healthcare the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine, and the best place to receive care. This highly visible position will develop a repository of clinical content data elements (e.g. Electronic Record macros, note templates, care guides, order sets, specialty-based favorites). Supports incorporation of these data elements into process design and workflow development, workflow analysis, performance improvement monitoring. Our department is looking for an individual with exhuberant creativity and strong analytical skills to facilitate the redesign of clinic operations.
The Clinical Content Coordinator works closely with physicians and staff to understand how to improve patient care and workplace efficiency. In addition to the clinical data repository and process re-engineering, this position will also be responsible for supporting end-users of the AEHR. Development of training curricula, on-call support, and designing computer-based tools are all key responsibilities to ensure the successful deployment of the system. Strong customer service skills and an ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment are prerequisites of a successful candidate.
The goal of the SRS Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record department is to transform existing paper processes into an electronic paradigm to improve efficiency, clinical outcomes, and patient/physician satisfaction.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Able to lift 10-20 pounds. Able to work on portable devices (laptop computer).
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Content Coordinator - EHR