Clinical Documentation Education/Review SpecialistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75474 Date posted 08/18/2016
Requisition ID: 75474
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Medical Records
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour shift 7:00am -3:30pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years of employment experience as an inpatient coder in an acute care hospital or an RN, BSN with three years of employment experience as a Clinical Documentation Specialist (CD in an acute care facility.
- Strong clinical skills including understanding of disease process, pathophysiology and treatment plans.
- Knowledge of processes and operations in a Health Information Management Department
- Working knowledge of regulatory coding guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating a positive & professional standard of behavior within the workplace
- Proficient in using MS Word and Excel, with a working knowledge of database and electronic communications
- RHIT/RHIA or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- CDIS Certification
- Knowledge of Medical Records
The Second Level Review Specialist retrospectively reviews medical records to validate the appropriateness of coded data, based on clinical indicators; and identifies physician, and other healthcare provide documentation educational opportunities. Trends are monitored and reported to appropriate Management. The Second Level Review Specialist provides coding expertise to staff within the organization to assist with accurate diagnosis and procedural coding and to ensure appropriate reflection of patient severity (ROI) and risk of mortality (ROM)
The Health Information Management Departments for the Metro Campus consists of Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns.
The HIM departments provide service to both facilities which include release of information, optical imaging functions, coding and abstracting processes, data analysis and provides customer support to physicians and clinical care providers for EMR functions.
Our EMR application is Cerner and On Base is utilized for Optical Imaging. This gives us the opportunity to provide patient information electronically to all of our providers across the continuum of care.
For future technology Sharp HealthCare is going to utilize Computerized Assisted Coding and Front End Speech to compliment traditional dictation and transcription processes.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Plane tree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Using Dual Monitors
- Using Mouse
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords; 75474, Clinical Documentation Education Review Specialist