Clinical Laboratory Scientist III
Job ID: 104395 Date posted: August 24, 2020
- SRS Santee
- Lab Clinical Services
- Laboratory Jobs
- Evening Job
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist III represents Sharp Rees-Stealy by using technical knowledge, skills, and professional judgment to perform a variety of clinical laboratory. Provides a high level of quality service in a manner consistent with our Mission and Goals.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Laboratories utilize the most sophisticated state of the art equipment to deliver a full range of quality diagnostic testing, innovation and service oriented laboratory with 8 full service laboratories and 14 drawing stations throughout the San Diego County. For the convenience of the patients appointments or walking patients are accepted.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Laboratories are CLIA and State certified.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
This position is located at the Santee Sharp Rees-Stealy Clinic, San Diego County
8-hour evening shift: Tuesday - Saturday 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
This is a Full-Time (1.0) Position: 80 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualification
- Education required for California CLS or CLS specialty
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) licensure
- Three years’ experience in a Clinical Laboratory as a CLS; including competency and expertise in one or more clinical departments
- Knowledge of government regulations with practical experience in implementation of laboratory rules and regulations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- ASCP certification
- ASCP Specialty certification – SC, SH, SM, SBB or SCYM
- Five years’ experience in a Clinical Laboratory as a CLS; including competency and expertise in one or more clinical departments
- CLS experience working in a CLIA certified high-complexity laboratory
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Lab Scientist, Laboratory, ASCP, MLS, MT, CLIA, CLS, Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank, Urinalysis, Microbiology
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”