The Clinical Lab Scientist III represents Sharp Rees Stealy by using technical knowledge, skills, and professional judgment to perform a variety of clinical laboratory. Provides a high level of quality service in a manner consistent with our Mission and Goals.
The Sharp-Rees Stealy Laboratories utilize the most sophisticated state of the art equipment to deliver a full range of quality diagnostic testing, innovation and service oriented laboratory with 8 full service laboratories and 14 drawing stations throughout the San Diego County. For the convenience of the patients appointments or walking patients are accepted.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Laboratories are CLIA and State certified.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
This is a float position. Employee will travel between all Sharp Rees-Stealy laboratory sites. San Diego County
Part-Time (.8) Position. 8-hour variable shift; including weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualification
- Education required for California CLS or CLS specialty
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) licensure
- Three years’ experience in a Clinical Laboratory as a CLS; including competency and expertise in one or more clinical departments
- Knowledge of government regulations with practical experience in implementation of laboratory rules and regulations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- ASCP certification
- ASCP Specialty certification – SC, SH, SM, SBB or SCYM
- Five years’ experience in a Clinical Laboratory as a CLS; including competency and expertise in one or more clinical departments
- Experience with testing knowledge of Hematology, Chemistry, Molecular, Microbiology, PCR, HPV, Gonorrhea/Chlamydia, ELP, Genetics, Allergy testing, QC, Quality, Middleware, and LIS
- CLS experience working in a CLIA certified high-complexity laboratory
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Lab Scientist, Laboratory, ASCP, MLS, MT, CLIA, CLS, Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Molecular