Clinical Nurse - RN, Acute Care Oncology Sharp Memorial Hospital 1West
Job ID: 97787 Date posted: August 31, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- M/S Oncology (1W)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The inpatient Oncology Unit, 1West, offers a collaborative evidence-based practice culture for family-centered holistic care within an interdisciplinary team model. Dedicated, cohesive, caring, and engaged, these nurses provide expertise from diagnostic oncologic work-ups through end of life; treatment modalities include chemo/biotherapy, radiation, and surgery. A vibrant unit practice council provides opportunity for staff decision making on practice matters. The strong team support for individual professional growth has resulted in frontline representatives participating and leading taskforces, projects, and initiatives throughout Sharp Healthcare as well as greater than a 60 percent professional certification achievement rate.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
Night Shift; Part-time (0.6); 12 hour shift; 1900 – 0730; every other weekend
- Graduate of Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent pertinent clinical experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current Oncology Acute Care RN experience
- Current ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy provider card
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview. Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole