Clinical Nurse - RN, Emergency Department, Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 103952 Date posted: August 05, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Emergency Department
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Emergency and Trauma Center, the largest and most modern in San Diego is designed to reduce stress and waiting time. By increasing the size of treatment and waiting areas by nearly 300 percent, patients and families have a more comfortable emergency experience. As one of five adult trauma centers in San Diego County, the new center has 52 beds, including 4 trauma beds to serve the community. Sharp Memorial Hospital becomes first in San Diego to receive prestigious ‘Lantern’ Award for Emergency Services. The Lantern Award, bestowed by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), recognizes emergency departments that exemplify exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for HealthCare Providers
One year current adult Emergency Room RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Trauma experience
- Current PALS certification for Healthcare Providers
Current NIHSS Certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole