Clinical Nurse - RN, Labor & Delivery, MBHW
Job ID: 95413 Date posted: May 01, 2019
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- Labor & Delivery
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This position will be a split position with shifts scheduled in both Labor & Delivery and Women's PACU. The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Labor and Delivery department which has 22 LDR suites. The Labor and Delivery Department provides high quality care, excellent customer service, and has a great work environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and will demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced environment. The Clinical RN for this position must possess the ability to collaborate with other team members and possess strong clinical skills in dealing with high risk patients.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour shift, 11:00 pm -7:30 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Current ACLS certification
- One year of current labor and delivery experience
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course certification completed within the last 2 years
- Proficiency in computerized charting
- One year of recent Women's PACU or ICU/Trauma experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse RN, L&D, Labor and Delivery
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole