Clinical Nurse - RN, Medical PCU (5W) , SMH
Job ID: 104856 Date posted: September 15, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Medical PCU (5W)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
5-West is a 32-bed Medical Transplant Progressive Care Unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit provides person-focused, family-centered quality care by promoting clinical excellence and improving quality of life. 5-West is a specialty unit caring for heart, kidney and pancreas transplant patients, cardiac mechanical assist device patients as well as patients requiring mechanical ventilation. All members of our inter-disciplinary professional team demonstrate characteristics that transform the work force culture at Sharp Memorial Hospital and because of these exceptional people; we are making a difference for patients, families, physicians and co-workers.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full time (0.9), 12-hour Night Shift: 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM; including every other weekend
- Graduate of an accredited RN Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year pertinent clinical RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Progressive Care Unit RN experience
- Previous Transplant experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole