Clinical Nurse - RN, Medical/Surgical (5N), SMH
Job ID: 107487 Date posted: January 21, 2021
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Medical/Surgical (5N)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Specializing in the Acute Care medical population, particularly those requiring diabetic, renal, cardiac monitoring, and respiratory support, 5 North also provides care for the continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and readmitted long-term kidney transplant patients. Fostering professional growth opportunities is a hallmark of this unit: over 65 percent have achieved professional specialty certification; many have embraced opportunities to participate in unit, hospital, and system initiatives and/or grown into further leadership roles. Frontline team members have presented project results at both local and national conferences.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Experienced RNs may qualify for a $2500 Relocation Bonus
Sharp HealthCare employees eligible for $1000 Referral Bonus
Night Shift; Full-time (0.9); 12 hour shift: 1900 – 0730; every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of Nursing School/Program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- More than one (1) year of clinical RN experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Acute Care RN experience
- Physical Medicine Acute Care Rehabilitation RN experience
- Subacute Hospital HIGH ACUITY Patient RN experience
- Medical Progressive Care Unit RN Experience
- Telemetry Monitoring RN experience
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole